Monday, July 9, 2007

The CFO's secretary walked by my cube at 5:22 and asked me if I was knitting (she caught me wrapping a regular skein into a ball) here's how it shook down:

CFO's Secretary: (with Russian accent) vhat are you doink? knittink?

Lazy: Oh. No not knitting, just wrapping, ummm its 5:25, and I'm just waiting to get out of here.

CFO's Secretary: hmmm (she tips her long Russian nose down at me over the cube and her eyes land on my chest) Why are you wearink dat?

She is referring to a necklace around my neck that says "Secretary" in red plastic scrolled letters. I picked it up at the renegade craft fair. (www.brookadelphia.com)

Lazy: oh. its funny. I love it.

I realized that she probably fought really hard to not be a secretary. And here I am living it up knitting at work and laughing at the kitch value of an overeducated person like me being a secretary. That's not nice, not nice at all.

No comments: